Network Physical Infrastructure (NPI) is the foundation upon which Information Technology (IT) and telecommunication networks reside. It is the “backbone” of the business, as its elements provide the:
- Campus Structured Cabling Solutions (For Enterprise and Private Networks): one integrated cabling network for present and future voice, data, video, control systems and other low voltage cabling needs of one building or a campus. A typical installation will use shielded or unshielded twisted-pair copper (Category 5, 5e, 6, 6a, 7 and 7a) and multimode fibre (OM2, OM3 or OM4).
- Outside Plant Cabling: This include Singlemode Fibre cabling for Customer-Owned Private Network, Service Providers’ Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) and Access Networks as well as Long-haul (Terrestrial) Networks. It covers underground, direct-buried, and aerial cable plant.
- Cabling pathways and Access floors and ceilings, Wiring/equipment cabinets and racks
- UPS and Electrical (LV) Cabling for Clean (UPS) power
- Cooling for the data centres and the wiring cabinets
The figure below illustrates these critical NPI elements and their integration into a seamless end-to-end system supported by management systems and services. Viewing NCPI as a whole rather than as individual components is essential to designing and deploying an integrated, understandable system that performs as expected, that is easy to add and remove from.
In a network, cable cost comprises 5% of the total network costs, but contributes to 50% of downtime. Having a reliable vendor who can maintain a network infrastructure on a timely basis is crucial to your business. Since computer network technology is constantly evolving (computer speeds double every 18 months), it is critical to select a NPI vendor who stays current with emerging technology and can provide, maintain, and evolve the infrastructure network to support your IT networking requirements.
Contact NPI Department of ICST Solutions Limited for more information about optimizing the physical infrastructure of your business' ICT network and cabling systems.
World-Class Design & Installation By Well Trained and Certified Engineers and Installers:
- As a corporate member of BICSI, our workmen are primarily trained and certified, and continuously retrained and certified in vendor-independent design, integration and installation of all components of PI including, pathways, spaces, cabling (optical fiber- and copper-based), wireless-based systems and data centre infrastructure. BICSI is a professional association supporting advancing the information and communications technology (ICT) community.
- From project preliminaries (including shop drawings), to product sourcing and deliveries, to actual installation, to cabling testing and certification, and to post-installation support and maintenance, we are guided by our Quality Manual. Our Quality Manual outlines the standards and procedures that will ensure that the projects are managed and executed in a manner consistent with the customer’s expectation and the worldwide best practises. We are enthusiastic by what we do and we are driven by the passion to excel in customer satisfaction at all time.
We use products and technologies from our world-renowned partners –
- Commscope Inc (USA): We are a Commscope Partner for SYSTIMAX (Premises and campus cabling), Uniprise (Premises and campus cabling), and Broadband (Outside plant cabling)
- Corning Inc (USA): FTTH and Access Networks and Long-haul Networks fibre cabling
- MK Electric and Legrand: For Cable Management products – PVC pipes and trunking, Wire Mesh and Metal Sheet Cable Tray, Floor boxes for Raised (Access) and Screed Floors; Electrical Switches and Sockets and Power Distribution devices (ACBs, MCCBs, Automatic Transfer Switches, Load-break Switches, etc)
- Schneider Electric (APC): As Select Partner for InfraStruxure Data Center Solutions; Wiring Racks, Cabinets and Accessories; Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS); Surge Protection and Power Conditioning; Security and Environmental Monitoring; and StruxureWare Data Center Management Software
Lifetime Support and Warranty: Our campus structured cabling system is backed by the manufacturer’s 25-Year warranty. To our big corporate customers with offices and sites spread around the country, we have Comprehensive (all inclusive) Service Agreement service. See our service section for detail.