NIGER-DELTA POWER HOLDING COMPANY (NDPHC)- Supply and Installation of ICT Facilities and Electronic Security and Safety System
The Niger-Delta Power Holding Company Plc is a company with shareholding fully subscribed to by the Federal, State and Local Governments with a mandate to manage the power projects tagged National Integrated Power Projects (NIPP).
In a bid to enhance the expansion and productivity of their staff, the NDPHC acquired a new 8-storey building at 490, Samuel Ademulegun Avenue, CBD, Abuja and we (ICST Solutions Limited) designed, deployed and Implemented a standard Information and Communication Technology Infrastructures for Data and Unified Collaboration for the entire building to enable members of staff to easily communicate using any media, device, or operating system.
The following services were provided;
- Structured campus LAN cabling System for 854 network points distributed in different locations from third floor to pent floor as well as Basement and Ground floor Reception.
- Specified LAN and WLAN foundation equipment (LAN access and core layer Switches, Access points and Router) were supplied, installed and configured
- IP-based Unified Collaboration system comprising of Cisco unified communication server and Cisco IP phones were supplied, installed and configured.
- The data centre was equipped with Raised Access floor designed with a well-defined Cabinet Layout.
In addition to ICT services stated above, the following Electronics Security and Safety Systems (ESSS) were also implemented.
- Voice Evacuation /Public Address System
- A total of 302 of 6W, 100V grid ceiling speakers were installed and configured into 12 zones to provide evacuation message and background music.
- The main control system comprises of Ateis DIVA-8 (Master and slave), Power Amplifier for Music and Voice, DVD Player/Tuner and Paging Microphone.
- Master Antenna Television (MATV) System
- 78 RF television points were distributed
- The Headend located in the control contains all the electronics or active device for receiving and processing the television programs. These devices are installed in a 22U wiring cabinet located in the control room. The headend receives the IF signal from the dishes installed on the roof of the building via RG 6U coaxial cable, processed this signal and sent its RF output to the distribution system. The headend devices include Satellite decoders, Modulators, Multi-switch, power supply units, IF amplifier
- Fire Detection and Alarm
The devices supplied, installed and configured for the Fire Detection and Alarm System are Gent products:6-Loop Vigilon Control Panel, Vigilon Repeater panel, Optical Smoke detectors, Heat detectors, Electronic sounders and Manual Call points.
- Fire Suppression System
In order to secure the Data centre and Archive rooms from fire outbreak, FM 200 Fire suppression system was designed and deployed. FM-200 is a clean, colourless, and environmentally friendly fire suppression agent that is electrically non-conductive and safe for humans. It extinguishes flames primarily through heat absorption, leaving no residue, thus minimizing downtime after a fire and making FM-200 suppression systems accepted and respected worldwide
- Clean Power and Uninterrupted Power Supply
Protection of critical equipment from spikes, surges and power fluctuation is very important to enhance minimal downtime. To achieve this, our team of engineers designed and implemented an efficient and cost-effective clean power solutions to meet the power requirement of all active equipment installed.
This comprises of 2 units of 100KVA 3-phase UPS to provide backup power for the entire ELV System during mains failure.